Each item has its own defined space to keep. For example, the washed clothes go in the wardrobe, and the dirty goes into the washing machine. Likewise, even in food items, there are specific items that should be stored in the fridge. And there are some that can be kept outside. It doesn't matter if it is cooked or uncooked.
There are certain food items that must be stored in the fridge. Even if it does not melt like ice-cream when kept outside. Below mentioned is a list of items that should go in the refrigerator, if in case it is resting in your pantry, high time you remove it. In spite, it hasn't been spoilt yet.
What should you store in the refrigerator?
- Horseradish- The mustard can be stored outside. However, the Horseradish mustard will lose its flavours if not stored in the fridge.
- Ketchup- The sauce technically does not need to be stored in the fridge. However, if your consumption of ketchup is relatively slow, lasting longer than a month, then you should keep it in the fridge. Hence, it will restrain bacterial growth. Moreover, tomato sauces made organically, without any preservatives; must be stored in the freezer
- Chocolate syrup- These syrups can stay up to two years outside. However, once opened, it should be kept in the fridge and be consumed within six months
- Maple Syrup- Pure maple syrup has no preservatives; therefore, it can get spoilt. When kept out, the syrup will form a mould on the surface. Hence, best for long usage, keep it in the refrigerator
- Soy sauce- It can be used without a refrigerator for up to two months. However, the sauce loses its freshness and flavour when kept out. Therefore, to have it taste as you opened it yesterday- store it in the fridge
- Avocados- If left outside, this fruit will ripe. It is useful to keep it in the fridge if you do not intend to eat it anytime soon
Perhaps, it is a long list. However, these items should be kept in the freezer. Likewise, the food and spices should be kept in their own place. Since there are pantry home delivery services, this makes it easier for you to restock your pantry when you run out of stock.
Here is a list of items to keep in the pantry:
- Baking ingredients- Such as; flour, active yeast, sugar, icing sugar, honey, baking powder, salt, baking soda, coconut powder, and vanilla extract
- Spices- pepper, chili powder, cinnamon, garlic powder, bay leaves, basil, and oregano
- Oils- The oils you need for daily usage; such as coconut oil, vegetable oil, and olive oil
- Pasta and Grains- the easy to cook dishes must be in stock! They can be combined with a few spices and veggies to create a delicious quick dish. Store items like spaghetti, noodles, and different kinds of pasta, and, legumes like dried beans and split peas
- Healthy Snacks- Popcorns, granola bars, crackers, dried fruits, and nuts
However, these are just a few examples of food storage methods. Though, one must always read the packing for the instructions.